Data Protection Officer
As a rule, it is possible to use our website without providing personal data. If personal data (such as name, address or email address) is collected on our pages, this is always done on a voluntary basis. We also collect navigation information. This is data about your computer and your visit to our website, in particular your IP address, your location, the browser you are using, referral source, length of your visit and pages you have opened.
We will not make your personal data, which we process for sending the e-mails, available to third parties. You can unsubscribe from these e-mails at any time with effect for the future:
- by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in every e-mail
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by letter to Xpertlens GmbH, Emilienstraße 9, 90409 Nuremberg, Germany
We use navigation information to operate and improve the Websites and our registration service. We use navigational information alone or in combination with personal information to send you personalized information about our company. Navigation information is not shared with third parties.
Data processed and purpose of data processing
We process the following personal data and data categories
- Master data (name, title, title, gender)
- Contact details (e.g. address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address)
- Data about professional situation (occupation, function in the company, etc.)
- Activity data (access times, pages visited, interests, etc.)
- Metadata (device information, IP addresses, location data, etc.)
- Log files
The data processed by us, unless provided by you, originates from the following publicly available sources:
From your website or the website of your company/employer, from your social media profiles, from telephone directories or other directories available on the Internet.
Our data processing serves the following purposes:
- Marketing and sales (incl. realization of lotteries)
- Direct advertising and newsletter
- Lead Generation, Lead Nurturing, Lead Qualification
- Website analysis and optimization
- Conversion Optimization
Legal basis for data processing
We process personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, in particular the provisions of the DSGVO. The processing carried out by us is therefore based in each case on a valid legal basis. In detail:
Consent (Article 6 DSGVO): If you provide us with data when using our website and thereby accept our data protection guidelines, the data processing is based on your consent.
Example: You actively provide us with data when downloading a white paper.
You can revoke your consent to data processing at any time. The data processing will then be terminated unless there is another legal basis for it. The revocation of your consent does not affect the legality of the data processing carried out up to this point in time.
Protection of legitimate interests (Article 6 DSGVO)
In some cases, legitimate interests form the legal basis for data processing. This is the case, for example, when we collect data for the legitimate initiation of customer contacts.
In these cases, our legitimate interests are either in the exercise of our business activities or in the initiation of business transactions or the promotion of our services.
For the fulfilment of contractual obligations (Article 6 DSGVO):
If you conclude a contract with us, we process the personal data necessary for its fulfilment.
Information we Collect
Xpertlens must receive or collect some information to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our services, including when you install, access, or use our services. The types of information we receive and collect depend on how you use our services.
Information You Provide
- Your account information. You provide your mobile phone number and basic information (including a profile name) to create an Xpertlens account. You provide us, all in accordance with applicable laws, the phone numbers in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our services and your other contacts. You may provide us an email address. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile picture and about information.
- Your communication. We do not retain your communication in the ordinary course of providing our services to you. Once your communication (including your video calls, photos, photo editing) ended, no files are stored on our servers. Your call log files are stored on your own device. Communication with Xpertlens happens peer-to-peer and is encrypted.
- Your connections. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may help you identify your contacts who also use Xpertlens, and you can create, join, or get added to groups and broadcast lists, and such groups and lists get associated with your account information. You give your groups a name. You may choose to provide a group profile picture or description.
- Customer support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our services, including copies of your log files, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and log information. We collect information about your activity on our services, like service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (including how you use our services, your services settings, how you interact with others using our services, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities and interactions), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports. This also includes information about when you registered to use our services, the features you use, profile photo, about information, whether you are online, when you last used our services, and when you last updated your account information.
- Device and connection information. We collect device and connection-specific information when you install, access, or use our services. This includes information like hardware model, operating system information, battery level, signal strength, app version, browser information, and mobile network, connection information including phone number, mobile operator or ISP, language and time zone, and IP, device operations information, and identifiers like device identifiers.
- Third-party service providers. We work with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, process payments, help us understand how people use our services, market our services, help you connect with businesses using our services, conduct surveys and research for us, and help with customer service. These companies may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
- Third-party services.strong> We allow you to use our services in connection with third-party services. If you use our services with such third-party services, we may receive information about you from them. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern those services.
How We Use Information
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our services. Here's how:
- Our services. We use the information we have to operate and provide our services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our services. We understand how people use our services and analyze and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Safety and security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms, and to ensure our services are being used legally.
- Communications about our services. We use the information we have to communicate with you about our services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you marketing for our services.
- No third-party banner ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on Xpertlens. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
- Commercial messaging. We will allow you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using Xpertlens. For example, you may receive support in the installation of an electronic device in your household through Xpertlens from the retailer. We do not want you to have a spammy experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honor the choices you make.
- Measurement, analytics, and other business services. We help businesses who use Xpertlens measure the effectiveness and distribution of their services and messages, and understand how people interact with them on our services.
Information You And We Share
You share your information as you use and communicate through our services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our services.
- Send your information to those you choose to communicate with. You share your information as you use and communicate through our services.
- Account information. Your phone number, profile information, and about information may be available to anyone who uses our services, although you can configure your services settings to manage certain information available to other users and businesses with whom you communicate.
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
We transmit the data concerning you to the following recipients or categories of recipients:
HubSpot Germany GmbH and affiliated companies (in particular HubSpot Inc)
Transfers to third countries or international organizations
The processed data may be transferred to the following third countries/ international organizations:
All data is processed on the HubSpot marketing platform and therefore transmitted to HubSpot, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Although HubSpot has operated a data center in Frankfurt since spring 2018, HubSpot cannot guarantee that data will not be transferred to the USA.
HubSpot, Inc. participates in and is certified to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Agreement. The following affiliated companies comply with the privacy principles of the Privacy Shield: HubSpot Ireland Limited, HubSpot Australia Pty Ltd, HubSpot Asia Pte Ltd and HubSpot Japan KK. HubSpot has undertaken to treat all personal data obtained from member states of the European Union (EU) and from Switzerland in accordance with the applicable principles of the Privacy Shield Agreement. For more information on the Privacy Shield Agreement, see the Privacy Shield List on the U.S. Department of Commerce homepage.
Duration of data storage
We delete your personal data if you revoke a consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal basis for further processing.
In addition, we delete the data stored with us as soon as they are no longer required for their purpose and there are no legal obligations to retain them. If data are not deleted because they still have to be stored, their processing will be restricted, i.e. the data will be blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to user data which must be stored for commercial or tax reasons. As a rule, there is a statutory retention period of seven years (§ 132 BAO and § 212 UGB) for data necessary for the fulfilment of the contract. In addition, we retain personal data originating from contractual relationships, insofar as this is necessary to assert or defend against any claims for damages, until the expiry of limitation periods (currently 30 years) or until the end of legal disputes.
Information about your rights as a data subject
As the person concerned, you can request information about the processing of your personal data,
if necessary, demand the correction of this data, the deletion of the data or the restriction of data processing if the legal requirements are met. Objection to data processing which is based on a justified interest or a public interest and assert your right to data transfer (provision of data provided by you in a common format).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority if you consider that your rights have been infringed by the data processing we carry out.
To exercise these rights, please contact us by email as mentioned above or by mail. We will respond to your request for modification, correction or deletion of your data within a reasonable time and inform you of the action taken.
Information on the reasons for processing the data and the consequences of not providing such data
The requested data is required
- to use all the features of our website and subscription service
- to assist you with your Buyers Journey with helpful content
- in the case of the conclusion of contracts with us for the handling of the contractual relationship
If you do not provide the information we request, we will not be able to provide the above services or will not be able to provide them in full. If you choose to enter into a contract with us and do not provide the information we collect, we will generally refuse to do so.
Security of your personal data
We use various security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We protect the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment. There they are protected from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number and/or geoposition) is collected on our websites and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected by the use of encryption (such as a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol). If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us using the above provided channels.
HubSpot subscription service
We use Clear Gifs software which helps us to improve our registration service. This service provides us with information about the quality of our content. Clear gifs are small graphics with a unique identification (similar to cookies) that help analyze the usage behavior of website visitors.
Unlike cookies, which are stored on visitors' computers, clear gifs contained on web pages and in emails are invisible and usually the size of a dot. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to detect which emails have been opened. This allows us to assess the effectiveness of communication activities and marketing. We associate this information with personal data.
You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email or by sending emails or a letter (please mention the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line).
Cookies are used by us to personalize your online user experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web server. Cookies do not execute any programs on your computer and do not store any viruses there. Cookies are assigned exclusively to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide you with time-saving, practical features. Cookies are used to indicate to the web server when you return to a particular page. For example, if you personalize pages on our websites or register for the subscription service, we may retrieve your specific information on subsequent visits using a cookie. When you return to the same website, your previously provided information may be retrieved so that you can easily use the features that are tailored to you.
You have the option of accepting or rejecting cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our offerings.
Log files – HubSpot Tracking Tool
This information may include the following: Your IP address, browser type, domain name, Internet Service Provider (ISP), files viewed on our website (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and addresses of websites from which you accessed our website. If we have your personal information (name, address, etc.) because you have provided it to us, that information will be linked to the log information (device and activity data) referred to in this paragraph so that the log data is also personal.
Use of Google Analytics
We use the web analysis service Google Analytics of Google Inc. "("Google") web analysis service. The legal basis for the associated data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit f DSGVO (legitimate interests, including interest in the analysis and optimization of our website).
Google uses this information on our behalf in order to evaluate visits to our website and in this context to create reports and statistics and to provide other services associated with the use of our website. Pseudonymous user profiles of the users can be created from the processed data.
We use Google Analytics to ensure that ads placed within Google's advertising services are only displayed to users who have shown interest in our website or who have certain characteristics ("remarketing" or "Google Analytics Audiences").
We use Google Analytics only with activated IP anonymization. The IP address of the user is therefore shortened by Google within the European Union or the EEA and thus made unrecognizable. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
Use of Google Search
Use of LinkedIn
Our website uses the "LinkedIn Share-Button". LinkedIn, based in Mountain View/USA, is a web-based social network with an office in Ireland: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. Users residing outside the United States enter into a User Agreement with LinkedIn Ireland U.C.. LinkedIn has been part of Microsoft since December 2016. LinkedIn receives information about your visits and interactions with services provided by third parties when you log in through LinkedIn and use our "LinkedIn Share Button". Privacy settings can be made in the account settings. You can find more information about data protection at LinkedIn here: Linkedin-Data-Protection.
We send newsletters and other electronic messages containing advertising information (hereinafter referred to as "newsletters") only with the consent of the recipient. Newsletters generally contain information about our products, offers, promotions and the activities of our company.
The registration to our newsletter takes place via our website. To log the registration, the registration and confirmation time as well as the IP address are stored.
Dispatch service provider: The newsletter is dispatched by HubSpot, 2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland, phone: +353 1 5187500, https://www.hubspot.de
HubSpot is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee of compliance with the European level of data protection.
The dispatch service provider generally uses the processed data in pseudonymous form (i.e. without allocation to a user) for the optimisation or improvement of its own services (e.g. for the technical optimisation of the dispatch and the presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes). However, the dispatch service provider does not use the data to contact the recipients of the newsletter itself. He also does not pass on the data.
The newsletters contain a so-called "web-beacon", i.e. a file the size of a pixel, which is called up by the server of the dispatch service provider when the newsletter is opened.
Technical information (type of browser, system data, e.g. IP address) is collected. This information is used for the technical improvement of the services. Statistical surveys also include determining whether newsletters are opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked.
This information can be assigned to the individual newsletter recipients. However, it is not our aim to observe individual users. Rather, the evaluations serve us to recognize the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content according to the interests of our users.
Cancellation/revocation - You can revoke your consent to receive our newsletter at any time. Thus your consents to its dispatch by the dispatch service provider and the statistical analyses expire at the same time. A separate revocation of the shipment by the shipping service provider or the statistical analysis is unfortunately not possible. You will find a link to cancel the newsletter at the end of each newsletter. If users have only subscribed to the newsletter and cancelled their subscription, their personal data will be deleted.
We constantly check and update the content that we have published on our website. We assume no liability or guarantee for the topicality, correctness and completeness of the published contents.